lauantai 22. joulukuuta 2007

Process!

As I have now beginned with this blog, I think it's now time for my first proper entry. Enjoy!


Alright, I spotted a perfect pot for this experiment and it had been on my desktop for days!
Now - Meet mr. Lipton.



It's a 0.5 liter (or around 0.13 gallons if you live on the wrong side of The Pond) PET-bottle, just perfect for my needs!

As the "mouth" of the bottle wasn't too wide, I figured that it wouldn't help me with growing plants in it. It definitely needed lightweight modding! Here's when the king of all-around-tools (drumroll here) kicked in. The knife.



After carefully mutilating the "pot" for a while, it seemed perfect and ready for soil. First I filled it almost up to the neck, then watered it, waited for a moment and added a thinner layer of soil and again carefully watering it.

Now it was time for sowing the seeds! I thought of something ornamental and nothing too big, so I decided to go for Bird's Eye Baby. I got seeds of this beautiful Annuum from Fatalii himself! ( http://www.fatalii.net )

After sowing 2 seeds it was time to get some heat for the little seeds, as it is crucial while growing tiny seedlings. I covered the mouth of the bottle with plastic wrap and made few ventilation holes to avoid mold to form. Finally, I placed the bottle on my dear D-link DI-524 which has worked perfectly for warming up dozens of little seedlings. (Warming up seeds is the only job this thing can manage 100%) Sorry D-link lovers!



Now it's only matter of time when little seedlings will sprout to life. Until then, happy holidays from kilpikon3!

1 kommentti:

louk kirjoitti...

Well, in my opinion you could explain in the following posts how this particular exprerimental method of chili growing differs from typical methods, as everyone is not a chili farmer :> You could also tell what are you expecting to end up with.

Byt anyhow, great idea!